VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Program Facilitation Staff posted by Town of Ingersoll
The Fusion Youth Activity and Technology Centre is seeking two Part-Time Program Facilitation Staff members who will be responsible for supervising participants, programs, and outdoor activities at the Fusion Youth Activity and Technology Centre and will carry out programming and/or quality supervision in a team capacity.
Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Actively engaging with youth participants to encourage program participation.
- Providing quality supervision to ensure the safety and security of all participants; adhering to and enforcing all related policies and procedures, employing effective behavior management strategies and reacting quickly and decisively to all issues that arise.
- Assisting with the facilitation of various Fusion programs and special events.
Our ideal candidate has a background or strong interest in youth engagement and development, is an effective leader and a positive role model capable of involving and empowering youth ages 10-18. To be considered suitable for the position candidates should:
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary studies and be actively working towards a Degree or Diploma in Recreation and Leisure, Social Development, Child and Youth Worker or another related area of study OR possess an equivalent combination of previous experience or education.
- Possess previous experience working with youth in a recreation setting either through previous employment, volunteering or a cooperative education experience.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for working with and leading youth ages 10-18.
The Program Facilitation Staff opportunity is a part-time position permitted to work up to 24 hours weekly. However, the incumbent will likely be scheduled for seven to fourteen hours weekly. The incumbent must be available work on Saturdays and weekday evenings.
Please note; the successful applicant will be required to obtain a Police and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to an offer of employment and must possess or be willing to obtain CPR and Standard First Aid certification.Salary Details
$15.98 per hourHow to Apply
If you wish to explore this exciting opportunity further, please submit your application in confidence, to the attention of the HR Coordinator by March 22 2019 at 4:30 pm.
Please note the Job Tile in the email subject line.
Town of Ingersoll
130 Oxford Street, 2nd Floor
Ingersoll, Ontario N5C 2V5About Employer
The Town of Ingersoll is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine suitability to the role advertised.