- Posted on:
Dec 31, 2018
- Application Deadline:
All Applicants Welcome, Student, Senior, Co-op Position, High School Volunteer Requirement, Internship, After Work Opportunities, Weekend
- Position Category:
Arts/Culture, Caring Support, Driver/Transportation, Recreation/Sports, Senior Services, Teaching/Tutoring
- JOB TOOLS
Login or Register for an Account to save this job or apply directly if the employer has made the option available.
VIEWING VOLUNTEER DETAILS FOR:
Day Program / Group Living Support posted by Woodstock & District Developmental Services
SHARE THIS OPPORTUNITY
• Volunteer/students will visit with people with developmental disabilities in their own home.
• They will provide 1:1 support and be involved in leisure activities i.e. crafts, playing cards/games, listening to music, or perhaps going to a movie, hockey game etc.
• To be a positive role model by demonstrating appropriate social and life skills.
• To participate in activities of interest to the person which might include such things as: playing board games, playing on a computer, gardening, cooking, basketball, swimming, etc.
• Offering new activities that might provide the person with the opportunity to learn new and different skills.
• Become a role model/mentor.
• Establishing a positive relationship.
• Making a difference in someone’s life.
• Enhancing a person’s self-confidence and self-esteem.
• Orientation to the agency as a whole.
• Orientation to the specific location and/or program.
• Ongoing supervision/staff support within the program.
No Degree Required, Vulnerable Sector CheckHow to Apply
How to Apply:
• Interested applicants should complete the on-line volunteer application located on the WDDS website at www.wdds.ca. (Under “Get Involved”).
• Interested applicants will be contacted by the WDDS Community Connector to schedule an interview.
• At that time volunteer/student opportunities will be discussed/chosen and applicant will receive other documentation to complete.