VIEWING VOLUNTEER DETAILS FOR:
Options Teaching Assistant posted by Woodstock & District Developmental Services
SHARE THIS OPPORTUNITY
2 hours/week (minimum)
Consistent time of the day/day of the week for planning purposes
Flexibility in choosing day/time
Program Open: Monday-Friday (8:30 am-4:00 pm)
• Provide assistance to learning opportunities in classroom setting.
• To support people with developmental disabilities with the development of basic literacy skills: reading, writing and computer skills.
• To assist the Option’s facilitators with specialized classes (eg. Horticulture, Film, Art).
• Opportunity to be a positive role model
• Helping someone develop new skills and knowledge.
• Making a difference in someone’s life.
• Enhancing a person’s self-confidence and self-esteem.
• Orientation to the agency as a whole.
• Orientation to the Options program.
• Ongoing supervision/staff support within the program.
GED, Secondary School Diploma, Vulnerable Sector CheckHow to Apply
How to Apply:
• Interested applicants should complete the on-line volunteer application located on the WDDS website at www.wdds.ca. (Under “Get Involved”).
• Interested applicants will be contacted by the WDDS Community Connector to schedule an interview.
• At that time volunteer/student opportunities will be discussed/chosen, and the applicant will receive other documentation to complete.