- Posted on:
Nov 01, 2018
- Application Deadline:
Dec 14, 2018
Student, Senior, Co-op Position, High School Volunteer Requirement, After Work Opportunities, Weekend
- Position Category:
Maintenance/Trades, Retails Sales/Donations
- JOB TOOLS
Login or Register for an Account to save this job or apply directly if the employer has made the option available.
VIEWING VOLUNTEER DETAILS FOR:
Warehouse Assistant posted by Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario
SHARE THIS OPPORTUNITY
This position is responsible for a variety of duties including pricing and displaying merchandise, maintaining a safe and clean environment, loading and unloading donations and purchases, and maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer, and shopper experience in the Habitat ReStore.
The role of a Warehouse Assistant is to provide assistance to the ReStore by testing and preparing donated merchandise for resale in the ReStore. This support allows us to raise funds to cover the affiliate’s operational costs and build homes in the community.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles
- Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for
- Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of the store.
- Provide customer service to customers, volunteers and fellow employees.
- Help with processing, organizing and merchandising of donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Friendly, approachable, outgoing
- Willing to take the initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers, staff members and volunteers
- Previous customer service experience is an asset but not mandatory
No Degree Required, CSA approved Safety BootsHow to Apply
Ready to get started in making a difference in the lives of families in your community? Click here or go to our website at www.habitat4home.ca. Follow the promts to become a Habitat Heartland Volunteer.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com for more information.