VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
MARKETING & FUND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR posted by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Woodstock & District Association Inc.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Fund Development Coordinator will lead activities related to revenue generation, shaping and sharing the Big Brothers Big Sisters Brand in the community and engaging key stakeholders, donors, volunteers and supporters. With a focus on creating positive affinity and a strong experience for anyone who interacts with Big Brothers Big Sisters, and presenting a compelling and inspiring voice for the organization, this position will support the creation, enhancement and monitoring of various fundraising and communications channels, leading to increased resources for programming, building a positive brand reputation and engaging donors and volunteers to engage with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Working with the Executive Director and other staff, this individual will be a champion within the organization for excellence in philanthropy and communications.
- Actively build and create a strong donor experience through storytelling, high-quality, meaningful communications and creative and consistent stewardship
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Manage and grow Big Brothers Big Sisters of Woodstock & District’s corporate partnerships, including donations and sponsorship
- Support Executive Director with individual and major gifts giving programs including research, prospecting, follow-up, reporting and managing donor relationships
- Support or lead key fundraising and donor relations events
- Manage grant writing process and calendar, including preparation of grants and reports and managing foundation and government agency relationships
- Support Executive Director with engagement of Board of Directors and Board Committees in fundraising efforts
- Build and manage monthly giving program, including stewardship calendar and communications plan, and acquisition strategy
- Manage donor database to ensure accurate and comprehensive information and also to identify opportunities
- Coordinate with all staff to identify opportunities to engage current and potential donors
- Implement all fund development activities in accordance with ethical fundraising principles, funder requirements and applicable legislation.
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
- Research and develop funding proposals for new funding opportunities that are innovative and future oriented.
- Develop and promote positive messaging through local and national resources using both traditional and social media.
- Set targets for various communication channels, and then monitor, track and report regularly on progress
- Utilize and update current organizational communication calendar/plan
- Manage social media channels, including planning, content creation, community engagement and tracking of progress
- Identify key audiences and create and distribute relevant content to them
- Manage website, including content, design and tracking
- Manage email communications platform, including calendar, list growth and maintenance, and content creation
- Develop key materials for various audiences as needed
- Coordinate between all staff to ensure brand message is consistent, visible and communicated regularly
- Manage media relations, including identification and communication of media opportunities, issuing media releases and staying connected with key media contacts
- Identify opportunities for BBBS to be a voice on key issues and create exposure including community forums and roundtables, and speaking opportunities
- Develop community partnerships which will support BBBS’ overall success and align with the Strategic Plan
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, manage government relations including MPs, MPPs, Mayors and Councillors, ensuring they are informed about what BBBS is doing and are invited to engage where possible
- Understanding of the needs and issues of our target population and the communities BBBS serves
- Strong and proven training and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of fundraising concepts, methodologies and tools
- Understanding of grant, proposal and report research and writing for foundations, corporations and major donors are an asset
- Understanding of communication principles, content management, digital communication and stakeholder relations are an asset
- Solid understanding and appreciation of values-based, volunteer driven, not-for-profit organizations
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, presentation, networking and communication skills (oral and written)
- Passion for, and interest in, working with children and youth
- Intermediate computer skills, using Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), CRM Systems, communications and social media tools (i.e. Canva, Adobe Spark, Hootsuite)
- Graphic design skills and understanding of graphic design software are an asset
- Website management skills and understanding of web architecture are an asset
- Advanced ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs and activities within deadline/resource parameters
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding appreciation of diversity and social inclusion
- Strong organizational abilities and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task at an intermediate level with strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and self-motivated
Education, Experience and Other Requirements:
- University Degree and/or College Diploma in related field is preferred
- 3-5 years experience and/or a proven track record in fundraising is preferred
- Experience and/or education in communications, marketing and public, media or government relations are an asset
- Experience working in a non-profit environment supporting children and youth are an asset
- Experience in working with diverse groups of people
- Criminal reference check (Vulnerable Sector Screening) required
- Some evening and weekend work required (sufficient notice will be provided)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required
To be determinedHow to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to the Executive Director, Kristen Ralph at email@example.com or in person 787A Dundas St.,Woodstock, ONAbout Employer
BBBS creates individual & group mentoring relationships amongst adults & youth.
Mentorship is a two-way, learning and development partnership where the young person needs are placed at the centre.
Because young people’s brains are still developing, mentoring can support that process through back-and-forth interaction like the volley in a good game of ping-pong.
Mentoring is an important way to give youth experience with these essential back-and-forth relationships, developing them into healthy young people better able to deal with and overcome life’s adversities.
Mission: To provide responsible guidance to the development of children of our community through companionship & mentoring with volunteers.
Vision: That everyone child & youth in Woodstock & District who needs a mentor has a mentor.