VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Employment and Career Consultant
Community Employment Services is an Employment Ontario Agency providing Employment Services to residents of Oxford County. The Employment and Career Consultant position is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of employment support services which includes employability assessment, needs determination, career/employment counseling, generic case management, workshop facilitation, referrals to appropriate community resources and facilitating access to training.
- Working individually and in group settings with clients in assessing service needs, evaluating interests and transferable skills, teach strategies and development of job searching tools and approaches, develop strategies for re-employment, and manage issues related to unemployment.
- Counsel, enhance self-esteem and provide support and encouragement throughout development and follow through of their service activities and plans.
- Assisting clients in goal setting and problem solving in skills identification and skills deficit resolution strategies, including application for Employment Ontario programs
- Facilitates group employability workshops or presents information on employment services in public forums at the direction of the Manager both on and off-site.
- Provides case data management for the collection and maintenance of services or program delivery case management
- Provide clients with information and referrals concerning appropriate community resources available.
- Participates in regularly scheduled case management meetings to monitor the effectiveness of programs and services delivered.
- Liaises, as required, following protocols and policies and procedures, with colleagues, and other professionals in the community who are directly involved with clients’ service requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up to date evidence and activity detail of employment service activities in electronic and paper file case management systems, in keeping with legislated and professional standards.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Social Services, Career Development or related field.
- Skills and experience in employment, career, and or vocational counseling; sound knowledge of career decision making tools, job search strategies, resume creation, networking, the labour market and future employment trends. Assessment certifications an asset.
- Sensitivity to, and understanding of, issues and barriers to employment faced by diverse socio-economic groups
- Proven group facilitation skills
- Problem solving skills and resourcefulness in meeting clients support needs
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, community resources in Oxford County
- Committed to collaborative team approach with a positive attitude towards change
- Excellent verbal, written communication, organization and customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- The incumbent must be cleared by a Criminal Record Check
To be discussedHow to Apply
Apply with cover letter and resume by Friday January 25th, 2019 – mail or email to:
Community Employment Services
40 Metcalfe Street, Woodstock ON, N4S 3E7
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available through the selection process.
We thank all those who apply for this position. Please note that only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.