VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Apartment Support Worker posted by Indwell
• Providing direct and indirect support to individuals.
• Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
• Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills.
• Planning and facilitating programs.
• Supporting volunteers.
• Assisting with admission and orientation of new tenants.
• Rent collection and other landlord responsibilities.
• Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
• Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a warm, sensitive and caring approach, the ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness. A knowledge of local community resources and support systems and landlord-tenant relations is beneficial.Salary Details
$34,500 – $38,500 annual salary based on education and experience.How to Apply
Please send cover letter, résumé and completed application (found on website) to Rudy Essegern, Human Resources Manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can fax all three pieces to 905-529-0355. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.About Employer
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Position Description: Working in Indwell’s supported affordable housing, the Apartment Support worker provides supports that help people maintain health and housing.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Including evening and weekend hours as scheduled. Participation with the On-call schedule is required.