VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Direct Support Professionals - D375
WDDS is currently seeking Part-time Direct Support Professionals
WDDS is a non-profit agency that supports diversity and inclusion and has a strong focus on helping people to belong to their community. Our Direct Support Professionals play an important role in helping people live meaningful lives, with a continued focus on Self Determination, Community and Capacity Building.
As a Direct Support Professional you are capable of, or experienced in:
• Supporting people with developmental disabilities
• Providing personal care
• Working with families in the planning and delivery of supports
• Administering and managing medications
To be considered for a Direct Support Professional position at WDDS you must have:
• Valid Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract
• Valid CPR Emergency First Aid Certificate
• Current Police Check including Vulnerable Screening
• Flexibility in working hours to accommodate support requirements. This may include working days, afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays
Only candidates selected to begin the selection process will be contacted. Candidates must provide proof of education credentials at the time of the interview along with three (3) employment references.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Ability to plan activities that reflect individualized interests
• Ability to support a number of people with diverse needs at any given time
• Competency in utilizing computer software. Knowledge of AIMS would be considered an asset
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Proven ability to develop and access community based opportunities
Minimum Grade 12, with recent and related work experience. Preference, however, will be given to candidates with Post-Secondary education including DSW, CSW, CYW, SSW, or BA in a related field.
$18.25 - $20.35How to Apply
A career at WDDS offers you a competitive salary, benefits, flexible hours, opportunities for training and advancement, and most of all, work that truly makes a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
If you feel you can make a difference and want a career with meaning, please send your resume along with cover letter to: email@example.com
WDDS is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. WDDS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by WDDS regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation