VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
Casual/Part-Time Public Works Labourer
The Town of Ingersoll is currently seeking Casual/Part-Time Public Works Labourers who will work up to 60 days annually to provide coverage for full-time employee absences and vacation periods.
Working throughout the year as requested, the Casual/Part-Time Public Works Labourer will assist the full-time crew with various job responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Performing winter maintenance activities and operating snow removal equipment;
- Performing bridge, road and sidewalk maintenance and repair duties;
- Collecting debris and litter;
- Cleaning catch basins; and
- Grass cutting and tree trimming.
Shifts are typically scheduled from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday; however applicants may be asked to attend work outside of the normal shift schedule to respond to various weather events.
Please be advised that all successful applicants will be required to obtain and produce a Police Record Check and Driver’s Abstract at their own cost.Education RequirementNot Applicable Experience Requirement
Applicants must possess:
- Experience operating snow removal and other road maintenance-related equipment.
- Experience performing job-related tasks and the ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- The physical capability to perform all essential job duties including lifting/carrying 0-25 kg, standing for prolonged periods, climbing stairs and ladders, crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting.
- DZ license in good standing.
- CSA-approved steel-toed boots.
- A clear police record check and driver’s abstract.
- The ability to work safely and effectively at all times.
$24.35/hour (2016 rate)How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resume to the attention of the HR Coordinator as soon as possible.
Town of Ingersoll
130 Oxford Street, 2nd Floor
Ingersoll, Ontario N5C 2V5
The Town of Ingersoll is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine suitability to the role advertised.