VIEWING JOB DETAILS FOR:
After School Temporary Supervisor and Child Care Centre-Floater posted by Good Beginnings Day Nursery
The successful candidate will provide child care for children (infant to 5 years, and 3 ½-12 years) in a group setting under the direction of Good Beginnings.
They will follow the mission, philosophy, Program Statement, confidentiality, and the policies established by the Board of Directors, and regulations under the Child Care and Early Years Act. They will also be required to work as part of a team, to guide children in all areas of development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Plan and implement activities based on the children’s needs and interests
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, listening and non-verbal
- Works as a co-operative and respectful member of the team
- Adhere to all licensing requirements as set out by the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as established by the Board of Directors of Good Beginnings
- Familiarity with the following curriculum/resources would also be an asset, as Good Beginnings follows both; HighScope, www.highscope.org and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the early years. https://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/HowLearningHappens.pdf
We are seeking to fill this dual positon with a reliable, friendly, energetic and engaged individual. The successful candidate will be required to possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma in; Early Childhood Education (if applicable), Child & Youth Work or Recreation & Leisure Studies
- A member in good standing of the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators (if applicable)
- Current Certification in Standard First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR
- Current Criminal Reference Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check acceptable to Good Beginnings
After School Temporary Supervisor
LOCATION: St. Patrick’s Catholic School
HOURS: 2.75 hours per day
RATE OF PAY*: $18.72/hour
Child Care Centre-Floater
LOCATION: Oxford Gardens Child Care Centre
HOURS: approximately 5.0 hours per day
RATE OF PAY*: RECE: $16.99 Non-RECE: $15.36
*plus 2017 Provincial Child Care Wage Enhancement as applicable)How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Edina Usanovic, Administrative Assistant- HR
Closing Date: 4:00 pm – Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in our organization,
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.About Employer
Good Beginnings Day Nursery is a non-profit corporation with a board of directors comprised of parents and community representatives who are committed to providing high quality early learning and child care programs to the children and families of Oxford County since 1986.
Good Beginnings offers early learning and child care programs which are licensed under the Ministry of Education including child care centres for children from birth to five, school age programs – before and after school programs for children from 6-12 and extended day programs for children 4 and 5 attending full day kindergarten, as well as P. A. Day programs, Christmas break, March break and Summer day camp programs operated by qualified staff. We also provide the services of A Child First whose resource consultants help families with children up to the age of twelve in early learning and childcare programs who face challenges to normal development.
• Oxford Gardens • Community Complex • Algonquin • Parkside • School Age • A Child First